- Trailing Trigger (TT) - This is the number of pips/points after which trailing is activated.
- Trailing Distance (TD) - This is the distance between your SL and the market price in pips/points.
- Trailing Step (TS) - This is the amount of pips/points movement in the market after which your SL is adjusted.
Example: Buy EURUSD q=0.5 TT=500 TD=300 TS=150, buys 0.5 lots of EURUSD. Trailing is triggered after 50pips and SL is placed in such a way that it is 30pips away from the market price. As the market trends higher and higher, the SL will be adjusted after every 15pips movement in such a way that the SL is maintained 30pips away from the market price.
- Be aware of the minimum allowed pips/points allowed by your broker for trailing.
- Take note whether your broker uses pips or points. 1pip = 10points.
- Do not restart your Meta Trader instance after placing the orders, otherwise trailing will be erased.